Like any other kind of marketing or exposure for your business, the world of social media follows trends and specific topics as well. It makes perfect sense, too, because many people will be talking about the big events of the day worldwide so it can become easy to spot the little trends that people are talking about; but what are the biggest social media marketing trends we can expect to see coming into play?
This infographic, 10 Social Media Marketing Trends To Watch Out This 2015, gives you all the information that you need to know about the way that social media is going, it’s growing details and how big it looks likely to become in the coming year.
10 Social Media Marketing Trends To Watch Out This 2015 Infographic Summary
As you might imagine, there is plenty to learn from the above – with so much set to change in 2015, it’s no surprise people are getting ready for the future in a whole new way! Here are just some of the main issues that came from this excellent infographic;
- With more than 97% of online marketers now using social media, it’s becoming popular for selling and raising awareness for businesses than it is for networking and meeting new people
- Content marketing is almost certainly heading down the social route, as professional content marketing will now be looking for shares and tweets all about this piece of content. Social networking ensures that content will become far more viral and read by more people than ever before
- With more than 3hrs per day spent on social media sites per day by everyone between the ages of 18-64, it’s vital that you are able to engage and promote your business in the right fashion moving forward
- Media like video and audio is becoming more important in terms of social media, too. It’s no longer just built around the text as people look for answers via mediums that are easier to understand and take in
- Mobile social media now is the reigning king, as people expect more than 1b people to be using mobile devices to access the web in 2015
- Paid online advertising is set to become even more popular as people start to look for a proper shift towards the right way forward to market their business; the reach of a promoted post is going to become much vaster, ensuring that people will be seeing posts that are promoted with cash far more regularly
- Social media payment apps will become more vital as things like PayPal begin to integrate with social media, making it easy for people to make transactions there and then instead of having to go elsewhere
- Just like e-commerce, sm-commerce is just around the corner and looks set to help people create an income stream for themselves promoting to happy and active people – by building sales based on what their social friends are saying, it’s likely that people will be making big sales through social media in no time!
- Analytics is becoming more important by the day – being able to get these close insights into projects will become more important than ever before for businesses
- Social media and B2B businesses go hand in now – with nearly 90% using social media to promote themselves and capture the attention of others
- New social networks set to appear, with things like Ello and Yik Yak becoming more popular too!
Infographic source: CJG Digital Marketing