You’ve just done your first post and got your blog up and running. But the work doesn’t end there. To get the most out of your effort, promoting your blog in the most creative ways possible is a surefire solution to reap the fruits of your labor.
What use would there be for a fantastic blog if you have no readers to check it out? Your blog may have all the right elements – great pictures, awesome articles, funny videos, original music, and many more…but without an audience, it would be as useless as a screen door on a submarine.
So what do you do after writing a post? To make it easier for you, here’s a 12-item checklist that you can follow!
12 Things To Do After You’ve Written A New Blog Post Infographic Summary:
Don’t rely on just search engines to promote your blog. Get noticed by key influencers and your ideal customers by doing the following steps…
- KEYWORD OPTIMIZATION
- Scan through your content
- Use Google Adwords free keyword selection tool
- Beef up your post title
- SYNDICATE CONTENT
- Utilize your RSS feed by connecting your blog to your social networking sites
- SHORTEN URL’S
- Make use of URL shortening websites
- Keep it short and simple on your social media sites
- TAILOR STATUS UPDATES
- Vary your statuses or headlines depending on your audience
- Send multiple updates on different dates and times
- POST TEASERS
- Share on forums
- Ask readers to participate to continue discussions
- BOOKMARK CONTENT
- Post on Reddit, Digg, or StumbleUpon
- Be part of the community: Give more! Share more!
- BLOG COMMENTING
- Develop relationships
- Provide useful feedback
- Make sure to add backlinks!
- Search for your blog topic
- Share your content with followers who need it
- E-MAIL SIGNATURE
- Simply add your URL’s to your e-mail signature
- SHARE WITH TARGET CUSTOMERS
- Send your target customers an e-mail with your shortened URL
- ADD TO NEWSLETTER
- Include your posts or teasers in your e-newsletters for maximum reach
- ASK FOR MENTIONS
- Build relationships with other bloggers
- Ask them to blog about or link your post
Just follow all these steps and you’ll soon be finding yourself with a consistent following and a worthwhile blogging experience. So go on, get to blogging and don’t forget to share, share, share!
Infographic Credit: Higher-Education-Marketing.com