The world of online advertising has, without a doubt, exploded and morphed into something far different to what anyone had ever expected. That being the case, though, many people are now beginning to understand the innate challenges that lie in trying to work with something like this.
Advertising revenue is on the up – as much as 36%, in fact – and people are beginning to see that online advertisement expenditure has close to doubled in recent times. The days of online advertising being seen as a waste of time or a fad are long gone.
In this infographic, 18 Online Advertising Stats, you’ll get to see the incredibly changes that have occurred in the recent future from the world of advertising. From the way that YouTube is being utilized as a marketing tool to the public’s outlook, everything is covered.
18 Online Advertising Stats You Need to Know Infographic Summary
To maximize your efforts and ROI in the world of online marketing, you need to know where and why your audience are. This includes looking at your competition, social media and customer content that is working for you. By knowing where, why and when you audience is… the best the results you will see!
- At the moment, the combined share rate of video advertisements has grown a spectacular amount, going from 244,395 in 2006 to 12m in 2013! These incredible leaps in the numbers out there is truly impressive, and is backed up by the fact that the record-breaking ads on YouTube, Dove beauty sketches, have hit a staggering 114m plays
- YouTube today receives a monthly viewership of 10 SuperBowl audiences – and that’s not just the people in the crowd, that’s people viewing across the board. In fact, the home page of YouTube gets around 60m hits every day from 23m unique user accounts
- Twitter is almost entirely funded by it ad revenue – 87% of its money made comes from advertisements and revenue in this format. Indeed, 65% of the ad revenue provided comes from mobile devices which makes it all stand out even more from the crowd. At the same time, Twitter now makes 4x what it did just two years ago from advertising revenue and this will only continue to increase regularly
- Since 2012, popular social media site Facebook now witnesses a barely believable 275% increase in the level of activity that it sees from click-through-rates on Facebook ads. Likewise, ROI has increased by a rather incredible 152%
- Alongside this, Facebook ads are now generating close to 1800% what they used to in comparison to the once more popular Android mobile device. This creates one of the most powerful and commonly used advertising and marketing regimes on the planet at this moment
- Google, the titan of all search engines, today is bringing in just 5% of its revenue from outside of advertising. That’s incredible. It takes in around 33% of ALL online ad revenue – to contrast, Facebook gets around 5% of that attention
- Google AdWords, a key vessel for online advertisement, has grown by 22% in the last year alone. With average click-through-rates of just 3.16% with AdWords, too, it’s no surprise that so many people are seeing exponential growth without doing much
- 1.2m businesses currently use AdWords to get their service noticed; is your business one of that number already, or do you still need to join?
Infographic source: Wishpond