Writer’s block – a state of being where you find yourself staring at a blank screen for minutes at a time, realizing that your coffee’s gone cold, your brow is furrowed, and you’re drumming your fingers on the table trying to make sense of what to say and how to express it. Minutes turn to hours and you feel like you have to wring your brain out to get the last of those creative juices trickling down.
Don’t worry; you’re not the only one who gets that. In fact, even the most creative and experienced writers have those days where they cannot just think of anything to put on the page. So how exactly do we get the gears in our brain greased up and ready to think?
Here are 22 great ideas for coming up with compelling content to block that writer’s block!
22 Ways to Create Compelling Content When You Don’t Have a Clue Infographic Summary:
Let someone’s inspiration get you going! Create without actually creating! Use name recognition or just find your muse! Just follow the tips below and you are sure to have your blog up and running in no time.
- Have any favorite blog posts? Collect and curate! Re-read them and be inspired.
- Let your blogger friends, offline friends, online peers unite for a group brainstorming
- Ask your readers what they want to read about. Let them write their ideas in the comments section.
- Think of someone you want to interview and let them do the talking – don’t forget to ask questions!
- Let someone do the writing for you by having a guest writer.
- Whether it’s a product, a company or a website, you can make a best-case study about them or in some cases…
- A worst-case study
- You can make a review about certain products or services
- Success stories are always a good read, but no one gets there without having any…
- Big challenges – write about your failures and how you managed to get through them.
- Throwback Thursdays, Flashback Fridays, or Sentimental Saturdays – relive and revive all your old posts for your new readers and followers!
- Get your ideas from movies…
- Popular television shows…
- Check out the internet for what’s trending or…
- Find celebrities and talk about everything about them
- But don’t limit yourself to staying indoors. Sometimes you need fresh air and a break from your routine by taking a walk
- Stimulate your brain by going to the theater – no, not a movie theater – watch a play!
- Expand your cultural horizons by going to an exotic restaurant and writing about your experience.
- Open yourself up to your audience by telling them something personal about you.
- Last but not the least, recycling posts and making them into something better by adding graphics, videos, and the like is a sure-fire way to boost your blog.
Creating content doesn’t have to be difficult. You just have to set your mind to it and use all the resources that you can. So sit back and get comfy on that thinking chair, crack those knuckles and get to writing!
Infographic Credit: CopyBlogger