Everyone loves a good infographic, but what’s usually not known or appreciated, is how much time, work and effort actually goes into creating a great infographic design. It’s not just about design, it’s also about coming up with a topic people are interested in, compiling all of the data and then making it visually appealing so it’s easy to read as well.
Once you’ve mastered the art of infographic creation and design, you will be heavily sought after. In the infographic below you will get to see some of the great ideas for not only how to create an excellent infographic, but also for coming up with new concepts, designs and ideas as well.
20 Awesome Ideas for Infographic Design Inspiration Infographic Summary
Before starting your next infographic design and marketing outreach campaign, be sure to run through this powerful list of 25 concepts and themes for creating the perfect infographic.
- 10% of people remember what they hear, 20% remember what they read and 80% remember what they see and do.
- When designing your infographic, think visual. Create an infographic that explains a process and break it down into a multi-step process that people can easily follow.
- Use comparisons within your infographic design to show before/after, old/new and other versus comparisons.
- The use of charts and tables is quite common when designing effective infographics. People like to see tables that are easy to follow, understand and also feature big numbers or icons.
- The “history” of any topic, event or idea is a great way to put an infographic to work. Be sure to fact check so all of your information is correct.
- For infographics that are focused on individuals, celebrities or industry experts (like Steve Jobs), be sure to create infographics based around the biography of the individuals and the path they’ve taken over the years to get to where they are today.
Infographics are always going to be in demand, as businesses and brands are always going to want to get exposure for their sites and people love to view infographics because of how easy and fun they are to scan through. Follow these steps when creating your next infographic and you will get more views and shares than ever before!
Infographic source: Feldman Creative