Instagram has quickly found itself as one of the fastest growing and most engaging social networks in the world today. What makes Instagram even more special than other social platforms like Facebook and Twitter, is that its audience is more engaged and active through their mobile device than any other network. It’s also been proved than Instagram traffic stays longer when visiting a website or e-commerce site as well.
While millions of users are actively using Instagram and posting pictures of what’s going on in their daily lives, brands are taking advantage of the massive 500 million users the social application has to offer as well. However, only a small percentage of brands and businesses are doing this successfully. Simply having an account or being active on Instagram isn’t enough… and that’s the focus of today’s infographic.
Through the “5 Data-Driven Tips for Selling on Instagram” infographic below, provided by Yotpo.com, we are going to take a look at some of the most effective ways to start driving business back your brand through the use of Instagram.
5 Data-Driven Tips for Selling on Instagram Infographic Summary
Instagram is huge and has more than 500 million active users. At the same time, 75% of businesses using Yotpo are also active with Instagram as well. After studying Yotpo’s global database of more than 165,000 eCommerce stores, the following was learned.
- Of all the different types of traffic sources out there, Instagram traffic spends the most time on sites than any other social channel. In comparison with Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter, Instagram had an average of 192.4 seconds on site per visitor. The next highest social platform was YouTube at 164.2 seconds.
- Instagram has highly targeted reach. Consumers were asked “Does seeing a friend post about a brand on Instagram influence your decision to check the brand out?” and 83% said YES, while only 17% said NO.
- Customer Instagram photos also play a huge role in the trust and conversion process as well. When Instagram users were asked “What type of photos fo you prefer to see when making a buying decision?”, 23% said professional photos, while 77% said user generated photos.
- When it comes to choosing the right type of images and photos to display on your site, you absolutely must consider Instagram photos. According to an A/B test of 5,723 visitors, adding customer photos on site increased orders by 24.3%. How much more business could you be generating just by adding a few social images to your site?
- The top takeaways from this study are; Instagram traffic spends the most time on site. Instagram has highly targeted organic reach. Shoppers prefer seeing other customer’s photos and using customer Instagram photos on a site can heavily increase sales and conversions.
Infographic Source: Yotpo.com