Social media has been making waves in the web. It has been one of the most search sites by everyone. People are very much fond of using social media because it is one way of communicating and being updated when it comes to current events. Social media today is not only used for personal reasons but also is now used as a way of online marketing. It is considered as one of the platforms that companies and businesses use when they want to promote their products and services. With social media, marketers will be able to reach a vast audience because it is accessible around the world.
7 Evergreen Social Media Best Practices Infographic Summary
Online marketing is a trend today since most people around the world own social media accounts. Its popularity worldwide turns beneficial to online marketing. Surveys and statistics show that social media today is extremely important when it comes to online marketing. However, it is also challenging to succeed when social media is used in online because there are competitions. Here are the statistics that prove that social media is both important and challenging at the same time.
- 1 million websites combined with Facebook
- 23% user checks their Facebook accounts for over five times everyday
- 56% of the tweets that every customer posts in Twitter are unnoticed
- 34% sellers were able to generate leads using Twitter
- The button for Google +1 is utilized every day for five million times
- More than 5 million photos and videos are uploaded to Instagram in a single hour
- 80% of the people who use Pinterest are females
With these statistics, social media is useful for online marketing but the competition is very tight and is indeed challenging to every marketer. Social media has its difficulties too.
Social Media Marketing Practices
Social media is used in every part of the world and are being opened every day. To marketers who would like to maintain their social media marketing effective, here are the seven practices that everyone can do for a timeless social media marketing.
- Post Often – Have some time from your hectic schedule in order to update your newsfeed three times a week and upload some blog post once every week.
- Be polite always – You can never avoid people who have rude attitudes. Do not let rudeness trigger you to behave an unprofessional person. Always keep yourself calm and polite whenever there are rude people around you. It helps.
- Always have an alternative – When the first plan did not work, go to the alternative. However, there are people who will be affected if the fist plan did not work and when this happens, converse with them effectively.
- Never forget to say words of gratitude – Thank you is a simple way of saying how you appreciate everyone. When people compliment you online, be thankful.
- Always be there for your clients –Social media is a good channel in bridging the gap with your clients. This way, you can answer their questions as soon as possible.
- Plan ahead of time –Knowing the things that you will talk over and will not is a good thing. You do not have to discuss everything in social media. Only choose the most important ones. It is better if more than one individual handles the social media accounts.
- Involvement is what Social Media is – This is a good platform in building relationships with your customers. Social media is not all about advertising.
Social media plays a big role in online marketing that is why it is always best that marketers should observe the best practices to make their social media marketing successful.
Infographic source: Infographic Design Team