With 2017 being the year that online video spending surpasses TV spending it’s never been a better time to get started with video ads to monetize your website. At the same time, it would be a huge mistake to discount the amount of time spent watching online videos through websites, social media platforms and also mobile devices. If you are an active brand, professional in your space or doing any type of online business, you need to start investing more time and effort into online video. Here are the seven biggest tips to maximize your revenue from video ads in 2017 and have your best year ever.
How to Win Big with Video Marketing in 2017
- Size matters – The bigger your video player the more $$$ premium brands are willing to spend on your traffic. While 300×250 is an acceptable size, your CPM can double or even triple if the video player is medium (480×32) or large (640×480) sized. If you’ve got space for larger players add them to your website and your wallet will thank you.
- Rich Media, Rich Publishers – Standard placements are so 2016. Premium publishers are taking advantage of rich media solutions such as sliding banners and outstream video ads that open up the video while scrolling through content. Not only do they look pretty, they also generate publishers very high CPM’s.
- Turn the sound up – The latest buzzword for the biggest video advertisers is audibility. Playing sounds with the volume up can generate as much as 150% higher fill rates than the same placement but on mute.
- Use content that engages your users – Want your users to stay on your site and see more ads? Engaging video content related to your website and targeted to your audience is the easiest answer to provide your users with both a valuable experience on your website and generate you more money. What could be better?
- All devices – With mobile continuing its exponential growth it’s important to monetize both your desktop and mobile inventory. With Vinteo tags the same player code works on desktop and mobile web and effectively manages all your impressions no matter what device they are on.
- Be seen – If an ad plays below the fold, was it really played? Today’s premium video advertisers are implementing new technologies to be sure that people are actually seeing ads, not just having them run in the background. Video placements that are placed in above-the-fold placements and are verified to have been seen by real humans will receive higher rates than ads no one will ever see.
- Be light – Until now one of the biggest drawbacks of video was its heavy file sizes and lengthy scripts and set up. With Vinteo it is as easy as copy-and-paste to add a fully featured video player for both desktop and mobile.
Infographic source: Vinteo.tv