Thanks to the introduction of the internet, anyone can now become a brand or business of their own. However, at the same time we are also seeing marketers becoming a jack-of-all-trades instead of masters of whatever it is they are focusing on. This is leading to a lot of so-called “experts” in the industry, when it’s really a wide range of marketers who think they know what is best.
To make it in the world of marketing, not only do you need to know what you preach, but you also need to stand out from the crowd by having your own success and results to back up your reputation.
In the “7 Skills New Marketers Need to Succeed” infographic below, we are going to take a look at exactly what it takes to make it as a successful online marketer, when competition is more fierce than every before.
7 Required Skills to Make it as a Successful Marketer Infographic Summary
Businesses and brands of all sizes are making new hires all the time. Who they hire and how long they keep them around is always up for question. What isn’t up for question is how important it is to possess many of the skills we’ve mentioned below.
- Everyone needs to know their web site and businesses analytics, customer data and financial numbers. Stay extremely focused in the data research world and companies will be dying to work with you.
- Social media continues to grow in size and with over 2 billion active users worldwide, brands need to hire social media marketers to manage how they look online.
- Coding and video production skills are still a highly sought after trait. Marketers who pocess these skills will be in demand at an even higher rate, as it allows them to expand their expertise across multiple areas.
- “Newsjacking” is referred to as using world news and media events to bring awareness and exposure for your own brand. While it’s awesome for all businesses to have, it takes a creative marketing mind to see where these opportunities exist, while also being a trait any business or brand would gladly pay for.
- Being a successful marketer is more than knowing how to increase numbers and find new opportunities, it’s also about being able to work with those around you as well. In a surprising study, it was reported that 9 out of 10 times individuals reported job failure due to poor behavior and attitude.
As mentioned earlier, competition is now everywhere and someone is always trying to do better than you currently are. Implement these tips and traits into your marketing resume and you will rise above the competition.
Infographic source: Formstack