If you work with websites or specifically in the digital marketing area and don’t know what “structured data” is, the time has come for you to bring yourself up to date. Whether it’s for your own website or for your clients, you should be taking the time to understand what makes up the information that is displayed in SERPs, “search engine results pages”. This includes knowing how to apply and implement structured data and become the internet rock star you were meant to be. From rich snippets to knowledge graphs, and everything in between, the following infographic breaks down the science behind structured data and is exactly the tool you need to gain some further understanding of its importance.
A Visual Guide to Understanding Structured Data Infographic Summary
Using structured data properly can help search engines and users learn more about your site and the content found on your site. As displayed in the infographic, when Google and other search engines discover the structured data markup on your website, it will display unique items in SERPs. Structured data highlights include:improve click-through-rates
- Applying and implementing structured data can improve click-through-rates
- Rich snippets – information that is displayed that can include images, products, types, reviews, events, etc. This type of information can help to boost click-through-rates and increase the competitiveness of your website.
- Google knowledge graphs – a way of organizing information about popular and well known people, places, and organizations.
- Quick answers – a way of displaying universally accepted answers to questions from trusted resources without needing to click into an actual webpage.
- Social media – with the use of Twitter Cards and Facebook Open Graphs, social media channels are becoming just as relevant for searching content as any search engine.
Infographic Source: V9SEO