Even those with the most diverse selection when it comes to fashion choices and color choices will know that their decisions are dictated to in terms of preference for colors. By using the right colors in our lives, we can make ourselves feel more attuned to our personality or our mindset; and when it comes to making purchases and decisions, this becomes even more prominent.
How many times have you seen someone return a purchase as they wanted it in a new color, even if they need to pay more on top?
This infographic, How do Colors Affect Purchases, takes a deeper look into the mentality behind this kind of thinking and shows you just how important color is when shopping. It will define this powerful form of seduction and persuasion for you in a way that you may never have considered in the past.
How do Colors Affect Online Shopping? Infographic Summary
The way that we view certain products and styles is almost certainly going to be brought down to the choice of color. From the sports team that you follow to what you believe signifies your personality, your favorite colors will always have a subconscious say in whether or not you are going to make a purchase – here are just some of the most prominent facts about color;
- 93% of our decisions made when shopping comes down to the visuals and the appearance. In a hugely consumerist culture where we can get just about anything we want, this really does not come as a huge surprise. However, the fact hat just 1% of our thoughts and opinions are formed through sound and smell shows you just how important the color and look of a product or location is
- The color also accounts for more than 85% of the decision to make a purchase – everything else you might think of like price, viability, necessity and even features all fit into the remaining 15% of your decision making process, typically. This is a massive part of shopping in the modern world – how does the color actually look?
- By the same token, brand management and marketing follows this same principle. Using the right colors that match your actual aims and your brand as a whole can help bring as much as 80% of your recognition from people – if you have a prominent and relevant color scheme you are far more likely to be remembered
- Each color has its own effect and feel – for example, red indicate energy that will create a prominence and urgency in the situation and can usually be seen being used in sales and clearances.
- However, blue offers a sense of security and trust – it’s typically used in business and commerce
- Its also important to remember that everything from reaction time to the price can play a key role in the decision being made.
- Whilst the color is still a massive part of your overall progress and performance, you’ll find that using color alone won’t suffice.
Infographic source: KissMetrics