Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other top social media platforms are changing the way content and information is delivered and created in the world today. Now anyone or any brand has the ability to instantly create a social profile page and have access to more than two billion users around the world.
With such access and power, it’s important to make sure your personal photos and branding are always at the highest quality possible. To accomplish this, you will need to focus on more than just the physical quality of your images… but also the correct sizes for each social network as well.
For example… Facebook allows users to post images or logo designs for their profile image, while also offer background images as well. If you want to look professional, you will need to follow Facebook’s recommended image sizes for each of these. At the same time, Facebook also has requested sizes for their content updates as well. With each social network having their own specific set of images and specs, it’s important to make sure you are creating quality content and original images for each. Follow the infographic below to help with this process.
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Social Media Image Sizes Infographic Summary
- The cover photo for your Facebook image should be 828 x 315 pixels with a maximum file size of 100kb. The minimum size for Facebook cover photos is 399 x 150 pixels. Of all the social network images and background options, Facebook offers one of the best platforms for branding.
- Your profile photo on Twitter should be 400 x 400 pixels. Your Twitter profile picture is your main picture that is visible to everyone whenever you do anything on Twitter. For a business, it is advisable to make this your logo. It should be of the highest quality possible while following the specifications of Twitter.
- The Google Plus format requires a profile image of 250 x 250 pixels. Like Twitter and Facebook’s profile image, this image will be seen across everything you do and post on the Google Plus network. If you are doing it for your business, it is suggested that you use your trademarked logo or branding image so that people will associate your posts on the Google network with your brand.
- The specs for a profile picture on Instagram are 110 x 110 pixels. The photo size for standard photos is 640 x 640. Photo thumbnails should be 161 x 161. You should maintain an aspect ratio of 1:1 on Instagram so think “perfect square” when posting on this medium.
- Your profile picture on Pinterest should be 165 x 165. Viewers of Pinterest don’t go to Pinterest to see your profile picture, but you should still have one if they visit your page. You can expand your pin to be larger, but it should have a minimum width of 600 pixels.
- On Tumblr, you should make your profile image 128 x 128. A square profile pictures that represent your brand should suffice. Viewers will see it when they land on your profile page. Image posts on Tumblr should be at 570 x 750 pixels. Images may be as large as 10mb in file size, but animations can only be one MB.
- YouTube is both a social media and video platform, as well as a search engine. For this reason, your YouTube images should be spot on. Your channel cover image for YouTube should be 2560 x 1440 pixels for desktop users, 1855 x 423 for tablets, 1546 x 423 for smartphones, and 2500 x 1440 for TV.
- Your standard logo image for LinkedIn should be 100 x 60 pixels. Your cover picture should be 974 x 300 pixels. Your banner image should be 646 x 220 pixels.
Infographic Source: Blogging.org