Email and social media marketing have completely changed the way businesses and brands interact with their audiences. While each of them are quite different in nature, they actually work best when they are being used together. The important thing to remember is that no matter if your audience is on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn — they all have an email address which can be used to connect with them as well.
In the “Better Together: Integrating Your Email and Social Media Audiences” infographic below, we are going to take a look at how more businesses and brands are blending the two to find more success and ROI.
How Email and Social Media are Better Together Infographic Summary
Get the most out of your email and social media marketing by blending the two together. Everyone already has an email address, and most people are already on at least one social network — now it’s time for you to get the most out of each.
- Only 56% of marketers integrate social with their email marketing program.
- However, 65% of the top 20% B2B marketers in social media lead generation integrate their email programs with social media, compared to the industry average of 51%.
- Email reaches its intended recipient 90% of the time, while Facebook posts only reach about 2%.
- Social media isn’t just for the top of the funnel — it’s also a valuable loyalty marketing channel. 78% of an average brands’s Facebook fans are existing customers.
- Emailing your subscribers about discounts and giveaways can drive up your Facebook fan base. One study found that the top three reasons for Liking a page are to support the brand, get a coupon or discount or to receive regular updates from brands people like.
Infographic source: ReachMail