Instagram has more or less established itself as the kingpin of the social media world when it comes to images, allowing people to upload photos with nice little filters and the like to make themselves feel artistic.
Whilst it’s not for everyone socially, any business who neglects to use Instagram is a fool – it’s one of the most powerful brand building tools out there, and looking at who is using it and why they are using it that soon becomes more and more obvious as time goes on!
Indeed, the top brands on Instagram are worth remembering purely because they offer the range and depth that you need to understand if you want to get success in a similar vain. If you understand why people are working with Instagram, start with How Much Engagement Are Top Brands Getting on Instagram?
How Much Engagement Are Top Brands Getting on Instagram? Infographic Summary
This infographic will easily explain why people are coming to Instagram and its horde of 90m+ unique users every month. Imagine you got even the slightest cutting from that? You could have hundreds, if not thousands, of people looking at what you have to offer! So, what can you learn from looking at Instagram and the engagement volume that it receives?
- The main players on Instagram are Starbucks, Nike and MTV. They boast at least 1m followers and have exploded as far as big brand name companies go with Instagram
- Typically, each photo posted by a brand is seeing more than 5,600 engagements PER PHOTO! If you manage to market yourself and get involved, then hitting similar figures in the future with your own Instagram plans is going to be something that you can attain; in fact, just 23% of active interbrand 100 companies are posting more than 50 times a month. Despite that small level of volume, they get enough engagement to stay at the top of the tree
- Another nice knock-on effect of using Instagram is that lots of images shared on there – as much as 98% in fact – are then later shared on Facebook. So long as you are seen as a “brand” then this is likely to be the case as you move forward later on. This means that as much as 274 engagements per photo can occur, a 30% increase over previous years engagement numbers
- Since photo sharing was introduced to Instagram, more than 2m likes, comments and shares have taken place over on Facebook. This shows you how much brand recognition can carry and be used across various different formats, creating a brutally powerful and effective way for you to start moving forward as a business
- So, if you are looking to make user that you are using the right kind of photos, try and avoid using filters as much. Filter usage is down by 20%, going from 60% of all photos being filtered to a mere 40$, so make sure you remember this fact!
Infographic source: Wishpond