Business-to-business marketing has been growing for some time, and has quite regularly brought in facets from other kinds of marketing across the years into the fold. One of the most commonly used examples of online marketing, for instance, is that of social media marketing. So, you would probably be surprised to learn that the world of social media marketing isn’t quite at the level you might have expected with regards to a B2B business.
However it’s definitely on the up and this excellent infographic “How Social is B2B?” will give you all the help that you need in understanding the right way forward.
How Social is B2B Infographic Summary
- With more than 61% of marketers within the United States now using social media to boost their lead generation capabilities, it’s no surprise that even those involved in the B2B world are beginning to go down this route, as well. However, just how social is the world of B2B? Is it at the same levels as, say, B2C businesses?
- It’s estimated that for those B2B companies that do invest in social media, they can almost double their leads per month simply by using Twitter! Whilst less than half are using Facebook for lead generation, over two thirds of who were asked said they were using an active blog for their business
- Since social media works so well with actual product and client research, you can find yourself selling and researching at the same time rather than doing one or the other – social media helps to speed things up, improving its popularity with B2B businesses
- Many social media tricks and tips are becoming more important than ever for B2B businesses; for example, a hospital recently started to live-tweet their surgeries on patients and has seen a 15% conversion ratio become commonplace!
- IBM, however, reported a massive increase of 400% in their sales once they “went social”
- With more than half of B2B businesses now actively researching into the benefits, costs and structure of social media marketing and management, might now be the best time ever to get involved with this kind of marketing program to get the best out of it
It’s absolutely vital that businesses start taking the social media world seriously, especially those who are looking to promote themselves and grow organically in the future using their clients as the springboard, so ensure that your business is using social media!
Infographic source: NowSourcing