The attention span of the average person is quickly diminishing, which means it’s now more important than ever to try and get your point across as immediate and effectively as possible. This is especially true for online marketers and site owners, who rely on site visitors to generate leads and revenue for their sites.
Through the “Welcome to the 8-Second Era” infographic below, we are going to take a like at why consumers are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of content out there and how your brand and business can adapt with these changes. The attention span of the average consumer is now just 8 seconds, how are you going to keep pace with these demands and soon to be industry standards?
How to Connect with Your Audience in 8 Seconds Infographic Summary
Even though the attention span of the average internet user and consumer continues to diminish, there are still plenty of ways you can transition your marketing efforts. Through the infographic above you will learn about these various methods, which we’ve also outlined for you below.
- The 8 seconds you have to grab someone’s attention is broken down into the following categories; Language, Channel, Relevancy, Personalization, Experience, Incentives, Reputation and Knowledge.
- Only 27% of internet users speak English. This means there is a whole world of opportunity for non-English based sites and marketing out the there.
- 90% of consumers expect a consistent experience across all devices.
- 46% of millennials are willing to provide more data to businesses if it means a reduction in irrelevant offers.
- Only 30% of marketers are connecting their advanced data sources.
- To deliver the most compelling user experience, it’s important to scale and use data insights to your advantage. Once your content is all put together, you can then amplify your content using a context engine.
- By combining DATA with CONTENT and multiplying it through CONTEXT, you then end up with the perfect user EXPERIENCE
Experience is more important than you think, especially when it comes to the amount of money you may already be spending on content marketing and outreach. Design and optimize your customer experience around the 8-second rule and you will see a much higher response rate and impact across the board.
Infographic source: SDL.com