Most people would think that you would need to be a designer or programmer to create a site on the internet these days. The good news is that that’s no longer the case. Thanks to free software like WordPress, anyone can create a site and go live with their own content in just a matter of a few clicks.
On the flip side, you will need to have some nice looking graphics for your site and content as well. Again, throw the concept of needing to be a graphics designer out the window. There are many great and free resources online that can help you with this process and allow you to create better blog graphics than ever a designer might able to create.
That’s exactly what we are going to be looking through in this “Non-Designer’s Guide to Creating Better Blog Graphics” infographic, which can be seen below.
How to Create Great Blog Graphics and Not Be a Designer Infographic Summary
There are many reasons why your blog will need some nice looking images to spruce up the content of your site, such as;
- The human brain processes images at a rate of 60,000 faster than text. Articles with relevant images get 94% more page views than those without.
- Your audience will only read about 20% of a web page on average.
- Pages with pictures will see about 50% more shares than pages with just text.
- 67% of consumers consider detailed images to carry even more weight than customer ratings, reviews and product descriptions.
- If you want to put in the time and effort to learn Photoshop, some of the skills you should focus your efforts on are cropping, resizing, using layers, blending modes, creating shapes, using the font tool, importing and using patterns and also how to use grids and guides to lay out individual elements.
Infographic source: CoSchedule