As you might imagine, when it comes to business the way that you say things is just as important as what you actually say. Emotion and response are all brought together – sometimes a little too closely – in business and this can make it incredibly hard to actually manage things. To make sure that are able to get the highest possible success within a business environment, you need to be prepared to put in the hard work – this takes time and patience, but getting there in the end will be more than worth it.
This infographic should help you get some clarity about the right way forward, making it much easier to understand the importance and structure of getting ahead in business with body language – all you need to do is keep reading on below.
Getting Ahead in Business With Body Language Infographic Summary
This infographic is filled with brilliant ideas that can be just what you need to see if you want to make genuine, significant progress in the long-term. To do that, though, you need to be prepared to take the time that is required to get there in the first place;
- Given the fact that we are capable of making more than 700,000 different signs and more than 5,000 hand gestures it’s important to use body language to emote and accentuate the point that you are trying to make. Add in the 250,000 different kinds of facial expressions and the list becomes even more impressive!
- Humans get 82% of their information from their eyes; if you can get the attention of someone using body language you are more likely to capture their attention as visual will play a big part in this
- Likewise, 80% of the information that we remember comes from visuals; this makes it much easier for your to sell information to people using body language
- With just 7 seconds of a judgment needed before someone will make up their mind about you, using positive body language is a vital part of getting people to come around to your way of thinking
- 55% of the effectiveness from what we say and do comes from the body language that we do along with it so it’s vital to get this right to see things move in the right direction
- You always need to be able to remain open indeed and positive towards meeting new people – when they start talking you need to remain positive and friendly regarding what is being said.
- However, be prepared to give them their own personal space, too!
- Make sure that your body language matches the content of your actual conversation/speech – it has to sound genuine and has to be authentic
Infographic source: Gengo