Wealthy Affiliate was born as a membership site providing lists of keywords to internet marketers way back in September of 2005, with the concept of helping individuals learn how to make money on the internet through the use of affiliate marketing. It was the brainchild of Kyle Loudoun and Carson Kim. Two very creative and passionate internet marketers who were already successful with other projects. In the beginning, they would provide one keyword list per week for a cost of $29.99 per month. They quickly reached 50 members and realized that they needed a way to communicate with the members and a way for the members to communicate with each other. The famous Wealthy Affiliate Forum was born.
A Look at the History of Wealthy Affiliate Infographic Summary
They then began to get requests for training and so they added training modules to help their member learn how to use the keyword lists and drive traffic to their websites.
- In 2006 the price went from $29.99 to $39.00 per month because their small keyword membership site was growing fast. They were hiring full-time employees, putting more dedicated servers into use and all of this drove up costs considerably.
- In 2007 Wealthy Affiliate developed their own web hosting structure which, thanks to their constant improvements and willingness to invest, is one of the best headache free hosting solutions in the industry today.
- In 2008 Wealthy Affiliate poured its resources into improving and developing its web hosting structure.
- In 2009 they launched Wealthy Affiliate Premium and they were starting to leave competitor in the dust because they had everything that a person needed to become successful online.
- In 2010 they launched the WA Blog and continued to make improvements to their infrastructure.
- In 2011 they launched Live Chat so that members could communicate in real time.
- In 2012 Wealthy Affiliate rereleased the Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool.
- In 2013 Private Messaging is launched and members now have a way of communicating with each other privately.
- In 2014 Wealthy Affiliate launches Level 5 Training – The Business of Content – Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation.
- In 2015 Wealthy Affiliate launches SiteComments, the groundbreaking credit system for getting high quality comments on your website.
- In 2016 Wealthy Affiliate announces FREE SSL certificates for all members using WA hosting.
That is just a small sampling of the improvements and innovations that have been rolled out over the years by Wealthy Affiliate.
Kyle and Carson had the vision and awareness to follow Wealthy Affiliate in the direction that it was taking them and they consistently evolved with the business by letting there clients tell them what they needed and then providing the solutions to their problems.
This was a fast track to success in an ever-changing industry with a focus on solving problems and providing whatever the market required.
2017 marks the 12th year in business for Wealthy Affiliate. They have come a long way from their humble beginnings and the continue to grow and improve very year.
Infographic Source: JVanderlaan.com