There are currently over 3 million blog posts published every single day. In addition to the several hundreds of millions of blogs already out there, to make it in the world of blogging you have to be smart.
Millions of blogs and blog posts are created every day, but more then 98% of them never make any money and are just providing more clutter across the internet. The different between blogs that make money and those that simply waste time and resources is planning.
Through the infographic below, you will learn the nine steps it takes to pre-plan and launch a successful blog that you can take from “start to business”.
Remember, it’s not just about creating content… it’s about creating valuable content with purpose, that also allows you to build a business in the process.
How to Make Money Blogging Infographic Summary:
Many bloggers want to one day make money with their own blog, but the problem is that many of them also didn’t get started on the right path. By putting your foot and mindset in the right direction, you can start planning your success before even going live with your first blog post. As the infographic above walks us through, here are the nine steps to planning out a successful and profitable blog.
- Research a Topic – The most important step to create a successful blog and business, is knowing what area and niche you are going to focus your efforts on.
- Niche Down – Once you find a niche, try and break down that niche again. You want to pick a small niche focus so that you can become the authority and expert within that space.
- Create an Editorial Calendar – By planning out your potential blog posts for the next few weeks to months, you will have a good idea of where you can take your blog over time while also not starting a blog that you might run out of content ideas for.
- Go Live with Your Blog – After your initial pre-planning, now it’s actually time to get setup with a domain name and hosting so you can go live with your new blog.
- Install WordPress – WordPress is simply the best platform out there for creating, managing and building a blog over time. It’s also free!
- Create Content – Don’t just ‘create content’. Instead you need to provide value and do it better than the competition. Also include a call to action at the end of each post.
- Go Social – With over 2 billion users across all of the major social networks, you simply can’t miss out in this area.
- Setup a Mailing List – Having a mailing list will allow you to grow your longterm subscriber base and get site visitors to keep coming back for more.
- Create Your Own Products – Bring your monetization and business to a whole new level by creating your own products and services to sell.
Follow these steps and you will be much more likely to find success and profitability in the world of blogging. The most important things to remember are to create amazing content, promote that content, provide value and also have some form of monetization on your site.
Infographic Credit: Blogging.org