SEO has been one of the biggest keys to successful and fluid marketing for some time, but for many people it can be quite a tough thing to work out. It changes so often and so drastically that keeping up with the most modern practices, and the things that you need to avoid, can become a real challenge.
This excellent infographic, What SEO Used To Be Vs What SEO Is Now, can be a good source of information about what you need to consider today when using SEO to market your website. It covers thing such as;
- The mindset people used to take with SEO
- Keywords and their effectiveness
- The power of content with regards to SEO
- Link Building
Now you can see how you should be thinking today vs how it used to be considered; this will help you improve your SEO efficiency and mastery long-term, helping your business.
What SEO Used To Be Vs What SEO Is Now Infographic Summary
As we mentioned at the top, this infographic covers the main things that you need to start thinking about, as well as how to approach them in the right manner. Looking to change things up for yourself and start moving down a more positive route? Then this is just what you need! Some of the key points that are explained include;
- Today, the mindset should be built around how to engage people with particular brands, products and services rather than keywords and rigid terminology. Rankings are no longer the focus, as people look towards improving their ROI instead
- More than 70% of your traffic will come from a long-tail keyword, which are more like a search query than a specific term; they are far more likely to convert and attract as people are far more conversational when using search engines today
- Less than half of the 400 companies asked by EConsultancy said they were using SEO as a primary part of their marketing approach; with the modern approach of creating value and focusing on attracting and interacting, this means there are gaps in the market for thoughtful businesses who want to help and inspire to create sales and loyalty
- Backlinking has changed entirely, and is now built upon quality over quantity; backlinks are built up like normal business relationships now, by working together through an authentic and mutual process. You can’t just piggyback on the success of others anymore with SEO
These key points mean that you will usually find yourself looking at SEO in a new light from now on; it’s all about value. The search engines are sick of being overloaded with clickbait and similar nonsense, and instead want to clean up their search queries and give users something truly extraordinary to fall back on. When people use the search engines, they want to get genuine answers and links to useful content; not sales fluff. With the help of this excellent infographic you should find altering your SEO mentality far easier, benefitting everyone along the way.
Infographic credit: QuickSprout