PayPal is the world’s largest online payment method, which is gaining popularity all the time. Following its launch in the late 90’s, it has become the best choice for online merchants. The payment method is not only beneficial for merchants, but for the consumers as well.
Following the merging of PayPal with eBay, the company dramatically increased its revenue. It became the main payment gateway for eBay consumers.
The Success Story and History of Paypal Infographic Summary
There is a number of advantages every consumer and merchant gets once using PayPal. Below we present an infographic suggested by PlayNpay, sharing major advantages of PayPal usage. Among them are the following key advantages:
- Paypal is a one-window payment method which makes things way easier. You only have to spend some 10 to 20 minutes to setup PayPal as the payment system for your website, and PayPal will take care of the rest.
- Using PayPal as a payment method will stop you from incurring additional fees like a setup fee, monthly maintenance fee or whatsoever. The only payment you make is a small transaction fee, which is so low that it may even elude your attention.
- It is a secure payment method with over 203 million active users, available in 2002 countries.
Not only does Paypal enable holding balances (available in 25 countries), but it also enables withdrawing money in 56 currencies, as well as receiving money in over 100 countries.
- It is popular, which proves how reliable and trustworthy the method turns out to be. 768,745 websites worldwide prefer PayPal.
- PayPal is convenient for a variety of businesses and industries, mostly preferred for travel purposes, shopping online, as well as entertainment.
- It is available via a mobile application, which makes a payment possible with one touch of the screen. The app is available both on iPhone and Android, so no matter where you are you can easily make your payment within a second. Safe and easy!
- PayPal is also a convenient method for transferring money to a family member of yours. Unlike the Western Union, which charges enough for every transfer, you can be on the safe side and save the extra money nonapplicable for PayPal.
- It never stops developing, constantly modifies offering a wider range of possibilities, yet remaining secure. To this end, it is necessary to mention about its recent collaboration with MasterCard, with the introduction of the concept of Secure Card service.
- And finally, PayPal opens new opportunities for its dedicated and most talented employees. PayPal served as a starting point for career enhancement to a group of individuals who later founded major ventures, YouTube being amongst them. Former PayPal employees Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim were the founding fathers of YouTube.
These are only some of the advantages PayPal offers. If so far you were only associating PayPal with eBay payments only, then hurry up to look through the infographic below and see what other advantages and a whole new world PayPal can offer to your business or entertainment. Stay tuned and give it a try!
Infographic source: PlaynPay