It’s hard to remember the world before the internet and mobile devices. Now it’s hard for most people to go just a few minutes without checking their devices and even driving without looking at a phone seems to be a problem for most people. In short, mobile isn’t just eating up your data plan and money, it’s also sucking up your time and too much attention as well.
Whether it’s consumer time spent or advertising budgets, mobile has quite the appetite because it’s eating up everything! In the infographic below we are going to take a look at the many different ways mobile is not only revolutionizing the world we live in today, but also how it’s dominating everything in it’s path as well.
The State of Mobile Advertising and Video Infographic Summary
Think you know a lot about the mobile advertising industry? Think again. After viewing the infographic above and reading these data points below, you may be surprised at just how booming the mobile industry really is.
- There are 2.6 billion smartphone subscriptions globally. By 2020 that number will be 6.1 billion, which will also surpass the number of fixed line subscriptions as well. 80% of mobile data will be from smartphones.
- The top mobile advertising companies by 2018 are USA, China, Japan, UK and Germany. The mobile ad industry has grown by 34% in the last year, compared to desktop advertising which only grew by 11%.
- Mobile video already accounts for 45% of app traffic, which will rise to 60% by 2020.
- Facebook gets an average of 4 billion daily video views — 75% of which are from mobile.
- 96% of all mobile users will search for coupons this year to find the best deal when shopping online.
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a great mobile experience.
If you aren’t currently focusing your effort on mobile, there is no better time than right now.
Infographic source: Yeildr