Remember back when people were using a simple 🙂 as a smile face and that was pretty much the only option that you had? Then MySpace came around and let you start adding images and icons to your social profile page and other user comments. With the massive expansion of social media and mobile devices, smile faces and emojis have taken on a life of their own.
Now Instagram is the star of emojis and there are plenty of them to choose from. In fact, there’s actually hundreds of emojis to choose from. To see which smiley faces are being shared around the most, be sure to look through the features “The Top #100 Emojis on Instagram” infographic below.
The Top #100 Emojis on Instagram Infographic Summary
Instagram is growing at a massive daily rate. It’s not only about pictures, it’s also about engaging with your friends and using emojis to show your exact feelings and emotions.
- Instagram first introduced the ability to use emojis in hashtags on April 27th of 2015.
- 8 of the top 10 emojis are simple smiley faces. The two non smiley face emojis in the top then are lips and a thumbs up
- Individuals emojis have been hashtagged 6.4 million times.
- The top 100 emojis account for 72% of all postings being made.
- Other notable emoji include the dog face at number 20, beer jugs at 49, clapping hands at 86 and a pizza slice at 92.
The next time you are on Instagram, be sure to add one of these top emojis to your account!
Infographic source: Curalate