If you’re a web designer or just want to design your new website you need keep an eye on current web design trends. Web design trends keep changing few trends fade away with time and new one emerges and some just prosper further.
The industry is already buzzing with the talks of new trends and we all can expect a great year ahead.
Today we are going to look at this infographic from DesignTheWay.com for what web design trends we can expect in 2017.
Web Design Trends of 2017 Infographic Summary
In today’s world websites have a huge impact on your business and a good design can take you long way forward in this path. So judging the new trends early enough will give you an edge over you competitors.
- Age Responsive Design – We have seen advertising companies show ads according to users interest, so in near future you may see website content adapt according to users age. Like old aged users will see more muted color and bigger fonts than the young users.
- Micro mini interactions – Micro interaction is a very common thing for a website it means to interact with the website, like clicking a button. We can expect increase in use of micro mini interactions where one micro interaction will be divided into smaller segments with greater levels of interaction because now a day’s apps and services are getting more user specific.
- Custom illustrations – There was time when you must have seen many website use same stock photo this is the reason websites are shifting to more custom illustrations. Yes its more costly and time consuming but it gives an unique and much higher recognition value to the business.
- Interactive storytelling – If you want an edge over you competitors interactive storytelling can be good option to engage your users. This is basically telling a story in each slide as user scrolls down.
- Mobile first approach – Responsive design has been there for a while now and its now considered as one of design standers. So you need to make your site responsive.
- Semi-flat design – With the launch of windows metro style flat design was all over the internet but it has some usability issue, like without any hover effect on buttons users don’t know where to click. So to counter this problem designers are switching to semi-flat design with use of subtle shadow and transitions.
- Increase in parallax adoption – You may have seen in many websites when you scroll down certain element move at a different speed than rest of the page this is parallax effect, which is applied to the speed and movement of the background image. With better and improved technology we can see more parallax effect being use.
8. Full screen video background – If you want to capture your users attention quickly video can be a great option. Ever improving internet connectivity throughout the world will allow you to use more full screen video background to convey your message to your users clearly.