Search engine marketing has been around for many years, and for quite some time it was one of the most prominent kinds of online marketing that there was. It was a key aspect of using the web and indeed getting your website to rank in the best possible position. However, this is something that has changed a lot over the years and its vital that, if you are going to do this, that you do it using the modern rulings.
This infographic will help you see the entire picture for your future using search engine, and help you come to a far more informed decision in terms of its overall performance – and more importantly, whether it’s right for you to be using 2015.
The State of Search Engine Marketing in 2015 Infographic Summary
This infographic is a brilliant tool to use in terms of helping you get moving forward in understanding the pros and the cons of the system in 2015. Whilst it’s still a key cog for many people, we recommend that you consider;
- With 90% of experiences starting with a search engine, it’s vital that you are able to capture that essence using the power of search engine marketing. After all, catching people at the start of their journey is going to be the best time to get them interested in what you have to offer!
- With more than 100bn searches across the world, the majority of them take part in either traffic(47%), shopping(37%) and finance(24.77%) respectively
- Russia is the country with the largest search engine volume within the travel industry, whilst India had the largest amount of paid search traffic on the web
- The difference between the kind of search engine marketing that you do makes a massive difference; for example, a branded search result will typically be a company website and will have a click-through rate of over 50% in the best keywords and positions
- Search engine marketing is now pandering to the mobile side of things as it becomes the biggest part of the marketing scene for many companies – and it’s very easy to see why
- With fewer results on show with a mobile device you need to work harder than ever to get into that top spot. Also be aware that the click-through rate of a mobile device is lower than the click-through rate on a desktop or laptop machine
- Search engine marketing is to improve your overall ranking in many ways but you also need to take into account things like the website speed, design, quality and overall efficiency. how fast does it load? Is the content good enough? Your website needs to be heavily scrutinized before you can legitimately sell it to people as the solution they need
If you are looking to decide what kind of search engine marketing to use – PPC or SEO – you will find that if you have the budget to go full on then PPC can be the most effective. This is especially true if you are managing a branded term, making the big sales much easier.
Infographic source: SmartInsights