Digital marketing and the continuing evolution of the internet is something that all brands need to consider. As old marketing methods die out, new ones arise on a constant basis. With so many changing trends in the world of digital marketing, it’s important for all brands and businesses to not only know what’s working right now, but also what’s next around the corner.
In this The State of Digital Marketing in 2015 infographic, you will quickly see how almost 3 billion people are using the internet, what’s working to target them effectively and also a glimpse into the future of online marketing. The infographic is also broken down into three different parts, which are:
- Global consumer usage
- Benchmarks across a customer life-cycle
- Most effective techniques for managing digital marketing
No matter what type of business or online marketing you are currently focusing on, there are some huge benefits and key takeaways from this latest industry report.
The State of Digital Marketing in 2015 Infographic Summary:
As explained in the infographic, every business and brands needs to understand their target audience while also having a clear marketing plan in place. Through the many statistics provided from this report, we can provide you with the following key points that stood out.
- Search engine optimization is now the second largest online marketing channel for most online brands
- When asked about their current digital marketing strategy, more than half of respondents said they didn’t have one
- Most companies reported that “not enough time and effort” was spent focusing on digital marketing strategies
- Of all the different methods to engaging and connecting with consumers online, social media is the strongest
- As nearly 3 billion people (40% of population) are now using the internet, the massive growth across the world and in less developed countries is clear. In addition internet access, we are seeing widespread mobile usage and access increase as well.
- Most popular devices used to search the internet are PC/Laptop, smartphone, tablet and then gaming consoles
- With mobile on the minds of many online marketers and businesses, only 12% of brands are actually implementing it into their web sites and business models
As more brands are finding digital marketing to be one of the driving forces for new business, we will continue to see more focus, implementation and resources spent in these areas.
Infographic Credit: SmartInsights.