As you might imagine, the online world has been absolutely booming in recent years; ever since that ridiculous stigma about online fraud and people stealing your life through buying things online died down, it’s become the industry that it should be. E-commerce is absolutely booming at the moment, with the US becoming one of the most powerful countries in the world in terms of online sales volume.
This infographic, It’s Time To Sell Online, will give you all the help that you need in understanding the growth and development of the project for the long-term, witnessing the growth of an industry.
It’s Time to Sell Online Infographic Summary
As the retail world starts to look over its shoulder at the online tsunami heading its way, it’s no surprise that so many people are beginning to really wonder about where they are going to be getting the best value when they go online. Here are just some of the things that you can learn from the above infographic, painting the future in a far brighter light than previously;
- More than half of the US population made an online purchase in 2011; this is a staggering figure, and lets you know just how much this is going to keep increasing as time goes on
- It was estimated that by 2016, the average US citizen would be spending close to $1,750 per year online!
- As online sales continue to show no signs of slowing down, it’s estimated that another $125 billion will be added into the industry by the end of 2016 – this is a massive jump in just five years
- $30 billion of this is expected to come from social media, too, as people start to find out about the true power of selling to their clients
- Mobile commerce will be producing $31 billion by the end of 2015, so it makes sense that people might start realizing just how powerful e-commerce has become
If you aren’t selling your products online but you have the capability to – i.e. shipping isn’t going to be too much – then you really should consider e-commerce solutions. This can be the perfect way to start boosting your business, improving your client base and – most importantly – allowing you to expand and grow beyond what you area already dealing with.
Long-term expansion should always be the aim for your business, and e-commerce gives you the platform that is required.
Infographic source: Volusion